How to Build DIY Wood Crate Lockers

I've always loved the look of lockers, but have never been lucky enough to find a set that was in good condition and reasonably priced. The ones I am able to find are either the wrong size, too rusted or too expensive. So, I decided to improvise and make my own lockers using large wood crates.

Find the full step by step tutorial HERE!

how to build diy wood crate lockers, how to, storage ideas

I headed to Home Depot and picked up a few supplies, including three large wood crates to use as my base.

Before assembling the lockers I added a few coats of white paint to each crate.

I used scrap wood that we had around the house to make supports for the crates and attached everything with screws.

Once the three crates were stacked and screwed in place I finished them off with doors, metal numbers and a fun knob.

I could not be happier with how the crate lockers turned out. The best part is they are super functional and fairly inexpensive to build. My son has already claimed them for himself and uses them to store and organize all his favorite dirt bikes.

Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for even more thrifty decorating and DIY ideas!
Katie @ Little House of Four

• Monica

But you didn't say where to get the crates you have displayed here? Or I didn't see it.

• Mary

Hello what type of paint, like satin or

Stain works best?

• Liz

Where did you find the door?