Mason Jar Candles

$20

Okay, I've been obsessed with these candles when I saw Caitlin's from DIY with Caitlin's live. I had to make them myself!
First thing is to make your box for your mold. Choose what jar you'd like to make a mold of and measure out 1/2 and inch from each side.
Next, cut and tape all the sides together. Make sure to use duct or packing tape for this part. Then hot glue the box to a base of cardboard. Make sure not to leave any holes open.

Next, you'll hot glue the lid onto you jar. This step is important so none of the mold gets inside your jar. After that, you can hot glue your jar upside down to the base of the box.
Here is the fun part! Mix together your silicone pack. I got mine off of Amazon for less than $30. Be sure to mix these two parts at the same time until they turn a shade of purple.
On an angle, put the mixture into your box. Start pouring on an angle to avoid any air bubbles.
After waiting about 6 hours for your mold to dry, begin peeling off your cardboard.
Once all the cardboard is off, cut a zigzag into the mold to release the jar. It's SUPER important to cut a zigzag not straight down so your wax can't escape.
Next, you'll want to tape your mold back together. I used duct tape for a strong hold and rubber bands to ensure the cut was totally back together seamlessly.

You can then insert your wick. I kept it stable by placing it between two skewers.
You can then melt you wax in your double boiler. I used paraffin wax because it hold color and scent well. To dye my wax, I used a small piece of a crayon. **Follow the instructions on your wax for what temperature to add in your scent and color.
Once my wax was melted and the color was evenly distributed, I took it off the burner and carefully poured it into the mold.
After letting your wax completely cool remove the tape and pull out your candle. This was the most satisfying moment of the project by far! (:
I am 100% totally IN LOVE with the way this came out. It looks amazing with my rustic-chic decor in my apartment. I've already received multiple request from my co-workers to make them one too! I think I've found my new hobby... 🤔
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Katie Kernagis

How many candles can you make from materials listed?

• Chris Gaines

Look at your wax and estimate how many candles it will make, wax does not expand or shrink. One pound wax should make 2 and a half candles.

• Mary M

beautiful! looks like a fun project with kids. I assume you can use the mold repeatedly?

• Carrie

Can you reuse this mold for multiple candles?