Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Repurposed Hanger Wall Hooks

$12

So I know you can find wall hooks all over the place, so this project is definitely meant for those who want to create or repurpose some wooden hangers they have lying around. I saw a wall hook that had metal hooks (that was super pricey) and thought some old wooden hangers would make for a fun and easy alternative. A couple of wooden hangers and a piece of wood board are basically all you need to make a
repurposed hanger wall hooks
repurposed hanger wall hooks

STEP 1: Draw a straight line through the both ends of your hanger about 5" in.

Draw a straight line across the top of your hanger about 1" or so beneath the base of the hook of the hanger.

repurposed hanger wall hooks

STEP 2: Grab your hacksaw and cut through the lines you have drawn.

repurposed hanger wall hooks

STEP 3: Your hanger should look like the top picture at this point. Cut as many of these as you would like for your wall hanger. I cut 4 hooks and 2 ends for my piece.

Sand down the edges of the cuts you have just made.

repurposed hanger wall hooks

STEP 4: Grab your wood board and measure in and down evenly on either side. Place the ends of your hangers on either end. (You can add more of these if you want.

Glue the hanger ends in place and allow to dry.

repurposed hanger wall hooks

STEP 5: Grab the hooks you cut off and disperse them evenly between the ends you just glued to the board.

Glue your hooks in place.

*You can use hooks only if you want or ends only if you want... It depends on your needs.

repurposed hanger wall hooks

STEP 6: Once all the glue is dried it is time to secure your hooks and ends more securely with tack nails. Grab a hammer and drive the tacks through the pieces and into the wood board. *I added tacks on either side of the hooks and also one through the thick piece of the end.

repurposed hanger wall hooks

STEP 7: For the thin piece of your hanger you can drive the tack nail through the back of the board and into the added piece. (I hope that makes sense)

repurposed hanger wall hooks

STEP 8: If you want to stain or paint your piece go ahead and do that now.

repurposed hanger wall hooks

STEP 9: Once your stain or paint has dried you can go ahead and add the picture hangers to the back of the wood board so you can hang your piece.

repurposed hanger wall hooks

STEP 10: Now hang your hooks and place on them whatever you would like!

*If you want you can flip the piece and place a shelf on the straight edges of the hanger ends as well!

repurposed hanger wall hooks

I made mine pretty small, but you could make this thing as long as you would like as long as you ensure you have plenty of picture hangers to support the weight of a larger hook.

repurposed hanger wall hooks

You can hang some baskets from the hooks and place smaller items on the wall as a space organizer! You could also hang planters from it and make it a living wall!

repurposed hanger wall hooks

You could also hang this in the kitchen and use it for pots and pans and some other standard kitchen items! This thing can be used anywhere!

• Tree

Why would you want to use a hacksaw on wood? The fine teeth are made to cut metal it will be tedious and frustrating to use it on wood. Otherwise it's a great project.

• Danielle Odin

Why not add a shelf on top? For clothes it is called a hat shelf, for kitchen it could be for things that cannot be hung, etc.

• Anne Dunsmore

Can you put Command hooks on metal doors?

• Deborah Luchak Nester

Yes you can place command strips on metal doors... i would get the water proof ones to be sure that there is no condensation/water o the door. I would think it would last longer.

• Pin33160890

Would be good for dog leashes and harnesses

• Joanie

Great idea for a wooden hanger......I have so many of these HANGIN ' around in all the closets. I used to crochet over hangers.

• Eleanor O'Donnell

You did it again! You are just unbelievable! Very creative.