Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Fort Collins, CO

Easy Flower Basket to Solar Chandelier

$4

Turning a flower basket into a solar chandelier is easy and inexpensive. You can do so much to personalize it for your own style.

easy flower basket to solar chandelier
My original flower basket solar chandeliers needed an upgrade as the solar light had burned out and it was time...

For this project you'll need:

A flower basket (Dollar Tree)
A hanging candle holder (thrift store)
Solar light (Dollar Tree)
Crystals (Hobby Lobby Clearance)
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
First remove the chains for your flower basket.

I saved mine and used them to make this.
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
Save the hooks from the bottom of the chain.
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
Place your hooks on the circles of the flower basket where the chains originally attached.
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
Attach a crystal to each of the hooks.
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
Pull your solar light off the stem.

Now this solar light was to little as it would fall right through the center hole, and I was having a hard time finding a solar light that would fit well in the flower basket.
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
I found this hanging candle holder at a thrift store. Place your solar light in your candle holder.
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
Put the chain of the candle holder through the center hold of the flower basket.
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
Your solar chandelier is ready!
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
I have 2 and I keep mine in my garden area.
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
The light helps keep the night animals away, and I like the way it looks.
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
I made this and more things for your garden Live on Hometalk's Facebook page, click here to check it out!
easy flower basket to solar chandelier
Here are a couple of pictures taken at night.
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

• A flower basket  (Dollar Tree)
  • A hanging candle holder  (Thrift Store)
  • Solar Light  (Dollar Tree)
Chas' Crazy Creations

• She21578332

Might I suggest a pic of this at night? I like it! I am thinking of using this idea in my patio garden.
    • Chas' Crazy Creations

Thanks everyone. I have a night shot posted in the comments. Our weather hasn't been great lately but I will definitely get one added soon. ☺️
  • Holly Palladino O'Grady

Did you seal around the hanging candle holder when you put the solar light in so the rain does'nt get inside of it? I am making one but I am concerned about the rain getting inside the candle holder and just sitting in there and ruining the solar light.
  • Karla Mathis Bostic

I truly love this idea. Thanks for sharing. Typically, how long do solar lights last? Should I be prepared to add a new light each Spring?
    • Alradborn

I stick to the dollar store solar lights. Mainly because they are seasonal, so you have "fresh" lights as opposed to stores that keep them year after year.

• Joanie

Light is good for the nocturnal and a set of chimes helps also. Deer can jump that fence with NO problem!

Great idea!!

• Kate
    2 hours ago

You always have the best ideas!! I really like this one and can't wait to make some for around our pool for ambiance!