How can I repurpose Broken Swarovski crystal snowflakes?

+28
When we moved from Wisconsin to Arizona the movers forgot to individually wrap my Swarovski Crystal snowflakes so when the truck arrived many of them they were smashed to pieces. Any ideas how to use the pieces?
q broken swarovski crystal snowflakes
  • What a shame! I am so sorry to see that! Perhaps you can use them in mosaic project like a trivet. Maybe you can suspend some of the pieces in fillable ornament.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 25, 2017
    Perhaps take wha you can salvage and create a new piece of art...Flowers etc.
  • Ronnie Ronnie on Apr 25, 2017
    Sue the movers, If they don't pay I would put them in a very dark place on the movers. That is such a shame. I hope you can salvage something out of it. Claim it on some insurance, or sue the individual that was supposed to wrap it..
  • Geo22011742 Geo22011742 on Apr 26, 2017
    take them with you to court as evidence.
    the judge will rule in your favour as it was the movers negligence.
  • Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on Apr 26, 2017
    Check Etsy or craft stores for something I think is called clear cast. You might be able to fit some of the pieces together in a mold and fill in with the clear cast. May have to make own mold with sand or clay like they used to do when pouring metal. There is also clear beads you can melt in oven but again you need something for them to shape and I'm not sure how the crystal would do in an oven. But first file a claim against the movers!
  • Dmwade1545 Dmwade1545 on Apr 26, 2017
    Thank you
  • Sandra Lee Sandra Lee on Apr 26, 2017
    Definately use them in a shattered glass project. The may require further shattering. Then find a design you like, and use them to make the focal point. My suggestion is an angel Christmas ornament on a piece of glass in a pretty frame for hanging either in a window, or on your tree. You will use epoxy as well as e-6000 or 527 cement glue to bond the pieces to the glass. You can lay them out for your design before gluing, and before adding the epoxy.

• Lori Lori on Apr 26, 2017
    There is a craft glue made specifically for glass, and it works well enough you may be able to salvage your snowflakes. I used it to glue back together an antique glass dish I was using as a base to hold my cats' water bowl inside it (he has a habit of scooting it into the middle of the floor so this made it heavier).
    You can also get it at Michaels Crafts and other places online.
  • Pam Walker Pam Walker on Apr 26, 2017
    VERY gently, rub some fine grit sand paper over the broken ends & glue them together using E6000 or Jewelry glue (the ones that dry clear). They should be salvageable.
  • Hug13666915 Hug13666915 on Apr 26, 2017
    Swarovski does repairs and you will not even know they were broken. I had a piece repaired and it is beautiful. Give them a call.
  • Barbe57 Barbe57 on Apr 26, 2017
    YES, YES, YES Call there 1-800 # I also have about 10 snow flakes that I washed in HOT soapy water. DON"T EVER DO THAT..... They fell apart. I have mine all ready to ship back to them for fixing. Funny I winter in AZ and I am from MN. Start putting the puzzle snow flakes back together, wrap each piece of that years snow flake separately. Good Luck Wisconsin/AZ.
  • Linda Abate Linda Abate on Apr 27, 2017
    Such a sad thing to happen to anyone. I would definitely try and salvage what you can and try and make something special with the rest of the broken pieces. Perhaps you could make stepping stones for your garden or a decorative piece for your table. My heart goes out to you. I also would definitely not recommend these movers to anyone with the way they handled such delicate pieces.

• Teresa Teresa on Apr 27, 2017
    Necklace or earrings! If nothing else works!
  • Barbara Barbara on Apr 27, 2017
    I had a piece that was broken and I sent it to Swarovski in hopes it could be repaired. Unfortunately, mine couldn't be repaired but they will take a look and return it if they can't repair it.
  • Barry Hanna Barry Hanna on Feb 29, 2020

I am looking for Swarovski ornaments for parts or repair

• Mona Peach Mona Peach on Sep 29, 2020

Do u still have them?

• Barry Hanna Barry Hanna on Sep 29, 2020

are the pieces still available

• Mona Peach Mona Peach on Sep 29, 2020

I am looking for just the year tags?

• Julie from My Wee Abode Julie from My Wee Abode on Sep 29, 2020

I'm so sorry for the damage to these lovely ornaments. If I were you, I would repurpose them as 'new' ornament, and you can still 'keep' the originals. Place the broken pieces in doubled bag (I would probably use paper bags), and smash them with a hammer or something heavy. Then using clear ball ornaments, paint them with Mod Podge and then 'dip' them in the broken crystal pieces. You can even paint the ball ornaments a color, and only cover 1/2 or 1/2 of the ornament with your crystal 'dust'! Voila... repurposed and gorgeous!

will purchase parts if you still have them

• Adrienne Knight Adrienne Knight on Mar 29, 2021

Get some battery operated light add crystals and light to vase for dinner lights

• Shelle Shelle on Apr 20, 2021

Hello, I was looking online to see if there is anything I can do with broken Saworski Crystal's and came across your page.

Unfortunately the majority of my Saworski Crystal collection was broken when it was moved.

There were two fighting fish one with red fins and one with blue that got destroyed, along with a couple of clear pieces.

Don't know if you would be interested in them, thought I would ask.šŸ™‚