Should these Hydrangea leaves be removed?

+5
When I got the plant it had huge blooms that wilted, but perked back up when I gave it a LOT of water. after the blooms dried up, I pulled them off. Weeks later, the leaves look like this with small holes. It has new growth so I think it's still healthy.
q should these hydrangea leaves be removed
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 14, 2017
    Yes remove those leaves. They have a fungus or spider mite. Replant immediately in the next size pot with fresh potting soil.Spray the leaves and the new soil with horticultural oil.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on May 15, 2017
    Damaged leaves should be removed. They'll be taking unnecessary nutrients away from the rest of the plant. If it's a fungus you don't want it to spread.
  • Sas16616227 Sas16616227 on May 15, 2017
    Good new growth on the plant. Remove the yellow leaves then plant the hydrangea outside in the shade. These are really outdoor shrubs and the plant should be much happier.
  • Loretta Loretta on May 15, 2017
    Hydrangeas do take a ton of water, daily so be prepared! Look up about pruning them, when to and what to and what NOT to. But be sure they have water daily, lots of it .
  • Karen Karen on May 16, 2017
    Regarding the fungus, I have been reading that a peroxide/water mix sprayed on fungus will be helpful vs. more expensive products. Research this. http://balconygardenweb.com/hydrogen-peroxide-uses-in-garden/