I need a jar with a spigot to dispense liquid laundry detergent

CJGailCharla
+9

I want a jar with a spigot to use a liquid laundry detergent dispenser- Please advise, if you have found a great detergent dispenser. I bought a beverage dispenser at Walmart but the liquid runs very slow and drips after I shut it off. Even water ran out slow when I rinsed it before filling with detergent. I'm very disappointed with my purchase. I have room for a jar up to 12 inches tall.
  • Pennie Drosky
    Pennie Drosky

How about an ice tea jar that has a spigot on it? Can be found at wMart
  • While I get the jars look "pretty" in laundry rooms, unless made for this purpose there will be problems. Why not save one of the plastic spigot ones that you buy at the store and when empty, paint or mod podge it to suit your laundry room theme? Or if you make your own detergent, get a family member or friend to save one of theirs for you. Just a thought.
    • There is a fancy schmancy company based in NYC that I occasionally would purchase dryer balls from, I can't think of their name off the top of my head, but they do have excellent products, just a bit too much for my budget, anyway, they had some beautiful laundry soap dispeners but very expensive. Until they come down in price, taking a store bought one looks to be your best bet. I sometimes purchase Sun Free and Clear detergent (generally make my own as some of the pets have allergies, but I need a backup at least for my stuff sometimes), and it comes in a white container - might be something to consider as a base.
  • Deb
    Deb

Bed Bath and Beyond have good liquid dispenser. The one you purchased and didn't seem to work, may still work (if you haven't thrown it out). Seal around the spigot area with a caulking you would use around your tub, bathroom sink, this usually repels liquids and may just be your answer.

• CJ
      CJ

Thank you Deb. I'll stop in there next time to see what B.B.&B has before I decide what to do. I won't throw this jar away, I could use it for vinager in my laundry room!
  • Bobbie
    Bobbie

Buy the next bottle of detergent that has a spigot, then just keep refilling. You can upscale it by spray painting or using chalk paint.
  • Charla
    Charla

I've thought of this also. What about buying concentrated detergent and diluting it with water? This would make it more fluid and easier to go through a spigot.
  • Gail
    Gail

Good idea Bobby, that is what I do; however, it still drips.
  • CJ
    CJ

Thank you, ladies, for all of your suggestions! Now I just need to decide which way I want to go with it.