How to Remove Hard Water Stains From Windows

$1

In our master bathroom, there is a shower right in the middle of our shower. It should come as no surprise then that we had a hard time seeing out of this window because of all the hard water stains and spots that covered it!

I tried cleaning it with a simple window cleaner, but it just didn't cut it.

Finally, I tried something new, that was surprisingly easy and effective!
how to remove hard water stains from windows
This is what our window looked like before cleaning.
To clean your window you'll need vinegar, a sponge, and a microfiber cloth.
Spray your entire window liberally with vinegar and let it soak there for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, spray it once more.
Now scrub the vinegar around. But, don't use a scour pad (like I have shown) as it DID scratch my window a bit. Use something that is non-scratch: a sponge, washcloth, scrubbie, etc. Lesson learned on my part.
Spray once more, then dry with a microfiber cloth.

After the hard water spots have been removed, you can clean as you normally would with a window cleaner of your choice.

And you can use something like Rain-X to prevent it from building up in the first place!

If you LOVE easy, simple cleaning tutorials that ACTUALLY work, then be sure to check out all of the many amazing cleaning tutorials I have on my blog.

And be sure to pick up a copy of my ebook Speed Clean the Deep Clean that has more than 50 easy-to-follow cleaning tutorials and cleaning tips for every room in your house.

• Four Monks Vinegar  (Walmart)
  • Sponge
  • Microfiber Cloth
Katelyn Fagan