How to Remove glue from bathtub after removing shower doors?

+4
I removed the shower doors in my bathroom and it left the glue on the bathtub. I tried shaving it off with a blade, but it is hard and I have snapped 4 blades and only removed about an 8th of the glue. Any suggestions would be helpful.

• Lora Lora on Jul 13, 2017
    Maybe try heating it up with a blowdryer and then shaving it off?
  • Pat Pat on Jul 13, 2017
    I had the same problem.....scraped as much as I could off with a blade or putty knife. Then used goo-gone and it desolved the rest. May have to do it a couple of times. The problem I had was where the shower doors were, the tub had yellowed. Found out with time...month or so...it whitened up again. Was a mess but not impossible to do.
  • Grg10418235 Grg10418235 on Jul 13, 2017
    Il
  • Sharon Sharon on Jul 13, 2017
    Try using a hot dryer to soften it, they also make a silicon caulk chemical softener you can buy at home or hardware store.
  • Marisa Lumino Marisa Lumino on Jul 13, 2017
    Thank you everyone for the tips. I will give them a try.
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jul 13, 2017
    Heat it up with a blow dryer on high or your iron on high (no steam ) with paper towels between the glue and the iron so you don't ruin the iron .
  • Anne Good Watts Anne Good Watts on Sep 21, 2019

Treat with 100% mineral spirits paint thinner first. Let that sit for a a few minutes, then use single edge blade or metal caulk scraper to remove.