What else can I use for window treatments for trapezoid windows

+22
We have trapezoid windows above our door walls, is there any other suggestions for window treatments for these?
q what else can i use for window treatments for trapezoid windows
    • Amelia Randall Amelia Randall on Aug 26, 2017
      I'm making $96 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $120 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss.. Go this site and start your work.. Good luck... http://www.Jobzon3.com
  • SandyG SandyG on Aug 24, 2017
    Check into some of the adhesive/ stick window designs at a big box hardware store or online.
  • Julie M. Julie M. on Aug 24, 2017
    We visit Palm Springs often where many of the homes have trapezoid windows. I know they were designed to bring "the outside in" while offering privacy and natural light. Consequently, the homes we have toured do not cover the trapezoids at all. It certainly would look much sleeker and less busy without. https://www.houzz.com/photos/midcentury/query/Trapezoid-windows
  • Kia Kia on Aug 24, 2017
    you want them cover? i'd leave them and let the light in!
  • Barb Barb on Aug 24, 2017
    You have a few options like Roman shades, fabric pleated blinds hunter Douglas or JCPenneys. Also there a wonderful custom lady on Ebay who makes custom window treatment and I've used her, very high quality and average prices and if you want I can post you user name from eBay and you can message her and show her your above picture window and she will come up with the best treatment. Just a thought??
  • Nina Nina on Aug 24, 2017
    Why cover them? The chance that anyone could see in is slim unless you live at the bottom of a populated hill.
  • Dee Dee on Aug 25, 2017
    Iagree I wouldnt cover them but window film or gallery glass is a good alternative.
  • Tammy Rambow Tammy Rambow on Aug 25, 2017
    thank you
  • You can choose a wonderful design from Galary Glass Paint Company. It would look gorgeous on these windows on top. You then would not need any curtains at all. It is easy to work with. Just make sure the store sells you fresh paint bottles. If it is too old, the paint does not come out smooth and is very hard to work with. Gayle.
  • Denise Denise on Aug 25, 2017
    If you don't need to cover them just open them up to nature. There is also a film in the hardware stores that can be applied to all of them or just a couple to enhance their beauty. I love these types of window's. They have character.
  • Tlp12360 Tlp12360 on Aug 25, 2017
    Maybe try to make a stain glass!

• Jean Jean on Aug 25, 2017
    Put rice paper or similar type paper over the windows. It will still let the light in but you will not be able to see through it. It will add a nice texture to the window.
  • Dee Dee on Aug 25, 2017
    You could stencil on them, either with paint or with that spray stuff often used for xmas decorating.
  • Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Aug 25, 2017
    Wonderful suggestions from everyone. I'd like to add one for consideration: Gallery Glass in Clear. Goes on white, dries clear. Comes in a squirt bottle where you can randomly apply it with your fingers. (like finger painting) Let dry. Repeat if desired. It creates a blurred glasses letting light in, but prevents anyone from looking inside. Best of luck.
  • Sharon Sharon on Aug 26, 2017
  • Leave the top windows bare, but b put a rod with your choice of drapes for the lower large windows.
  • Tabby Tabby on Aug 26, 2017
    I set colored bottles and vases on mine to resemble stained glass but lets light in and provides a little privacy
  • Julie D. Grant Julie D. Grant on Aug 26, 2017
    Love the idea of shutters. They'd be perfect and blend into the wall when closed, easy to open.

• Judi Judi on Aug 26, 2017
    There are some window coverings called artscape at Home Depot

• Vicky Davis Vicky Davis on Aug 26, 2017
    If you want it covered, what about making a frame to fit the size of each side, the whole window. Instead of dividing them up like they are now. Then cover the frame with sheer fabric, a solid color, or glue branches to the frame, or or or.....The box stores have all sorts of materials to make frames from, wood to plastic, painted or not.

Attaching them to the existing frames with velcro, magnets, picture frame hardware, would make them easy to take down for cleaning or even changing the fabric.
  • Dean Murdaugh Dean Murdaugh on Aug 30, 2017
    The light reflective window film is a great sleak, clean looking contemporary option.
    The patterend, stained glass look window film is another excellent option. Especially since the film designs come in a multitude of patterns to match different styles and looks.

But, for a very simple and easily changed look. Make sure the window ledge is deep enough. You may need to augment with a shallow picture rail type shelf. Display a collection of colored glass. In my previous home I filled an oddly shaped clear-story widow with pieces from my collection of cobalt blue glass. A beautiful effect in the light that always generated ohhhs and ahhhs.