Textured Ceiling Makeover

$100

Farmhouse Inspired – Ceiling Makeover
Got an ugly textured ceiling? Need an easy and budget friendly way to update? Here is an inexpensive way to update a textured or popcorn ceiling without breaking the bank.
Tools: Nail Gun, Chop Saw, Table saw (or circular saw), Safety Goggles, Billed Hat, Mask, 4 ft. Level, Pencil, Stud Finder, Floor Scraper or Putty Knife.
Learn from my mistakes. Wear eye protection and a billed hat at all times. I got a piece of the ceiling embedded in my eye and it took a long time to get it out. OUCH!
Supplies: Underlayment Board cut into strips by Home Depot, 2” nails and your Favorite Shabby Paints Color.
I had Home Depot cut 4×8 sheets of Tri Ply Underlayment (around $11.00 a sheet) into 6 equal size planks this should give you around 8” x 8’ planks.
Cost: Under $100.00 for a 12×12 room.
Tip: Since I was doing the ceiling solo, I used a chop saw to cut all my boards in 4-foot pieces so they would be more manageable.
Prep: * Warning check for asbestos!
Start by scraping any large texture pieces or chunks with a putty knife or my favorite a floor scraper. Knock anything off that would prevent a flat install.
Mark your rafters. A good stud finder is key. Use your Level and pencil to mark across the entire room.
Install: Start in the corner being sure to get nails into your rafters. Keep the pattern random like you would a planked floor.
Paint: I used a roller to apply one coat of Shabby Paints Tiffany then used a Shabby Applicator Sponge to do a White Wash with diluted Snow White.
Tip: I recommend measuring and verifying that you will not end up having to cut the last board less than ½ of the boards width. If it measures out that you would, I would rip the first board to make it end right.
Tip 2: A jigsaw is great for cutting around light fixtures.
Before and After
1974 called and they want their dusty textured ceiling back!
Remove any large chunks so you can get a easy install.
Mask up..this stuff is gross!
The guys at my Home Depot are awesome about helping :)
A good stud finder is a must...mark your rafters to make sure you get a snug install.
Oh yeah..bye 1974!
My favorite Nail gun of all time! Ryobi Airstrike!! I did the entire room walls and ceiling with 2 batteries!
Paint ceiling. One coat of Shabby Paints Tiffany!
White wash using Shabby Paints Tiffany.
Fun Farmhouse guest bedroom.

To see more: https://www.shabbypaints.com/farmhouse-inspired-ceiling-makeover/

• A

This is realllyyy nice!!!!

• Josie Gonzalez

How do I get rid of popcorn texture so I can paint? I’m in my late 60’s can’t scrape it off too tiring for me.😞