Daughters 3 and 4 Room

$200
2 Weeks

We moved our youngest two daughters into one room and the colours they chose? Purple and Pink! I also love themes, so the consensus was The Lorax. This was a fun room to do!
daughters 3 and 4 room
This is what we started with... but that changed a few times. Started with pink, but we changed the pink...
daughters 3 and 4 room
more pink and bright pink...
daughters 3 and 4 room
the bright pink got changed to purple....
daughters 3 and 4 room
the pink changed to a really light pink...now for the theme!
daughters 3 and 4 room
and now for the Lorax theme walls... I painted the green hills
daughters 3 and 4 room
the start of the truffula trees...
daughters 3 and 4 room
I painted trees and then in the corner, used tissue paper to make them 3D!
daughters 3 and 4 room
I loved this part!
daughters 3 and 4 room
and of course I had to hide a little Lorax for them to find... it's now the fun thing for any new friends who come over, to see if they can find him.
daughters 3 and 4 room
The purple wall has a bunk bed on it, but we wanted to do a fun wall above their dresser (that they painted)... all these butterflies were cut out from my mom's Cricut machine.

Our girls' room has been transformed into a colorful place! Hope you like it!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

• <a href="https://www.amazon.com/Barrel-Acrylic-2-Ounce-PROMOABI-Selling/dp/B00ATJSD8I/ref=sr_1_4?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1506491950&sr=1-4&keywords=paint&_encoding=UTF8&tag=rachelle-morriscreator-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=d0b6f41b14eff4ff9a8b7d53126cf98b&camp=1789&creative=9325" class="href-bb-tag" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Paint</a>  (Amazon)
  • Tissue paper

• Barbara

These are very cute ideas, but the thought that struck me first is how to clean these flowers and butterflies week after week without bending or harming them. Even a microfiber duster would eventually cause some damage. Do you "dust" them with a blow dryer on gentle speed?

• Libby

i use air purifiers, like Hunter's silver ionic pro, which cuts the dust down immensely

• Melissa

I would like to know if the tissu last a long time?

• Stacie Shima

How did you create the 3D flowers? They are beautiful!! :D

• Mary Coakley

Absolutely beautiful what little girl can only love it great job

• Merelyn sale

Very original. My great grand daughter would love that. Her room is butterflies. Dresser a plus also. Great work.