Lamp Makeover: How to Spray Paint a Brass Lamp

One item I come across a lot in my thrift shopping are these old tarnished brass lamps. Most of them work great but just look yucky with all that tarnish. The good news is I can pick them up usually pretty cheap and with a little paint, I can give that old lamp new life!
I picked up two of these babies for $15 on my local area Yard Sale Facebook page…which I admit I am totally addicted to. I've got a friend moving in town soon, so I grabbed one for myself and one for him, so I’ll do another paint job on that one that is more in style with what he likes.
This is how the project turned out but if you'd like to see the full description along with what products I used, you can see the full detail at http://www.paintyourfurniture.com/lamp-makeover-how-to-spray-paint-a-brass-lamp/
My yucky yard sale find, tarnished but in great shape.
Removed all the main pieces and taped it up.
Primed
Painted with Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.
And the final painted lamp on top of my newly painted buffet table/dresser.

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home

• Beverly
    Beverly

I repainted a shiny, dated brass lamp with chalk paint. It took 2 coats & turned out beautifully. I even painted the linen, pleated shade with chalk paint. No signs of previous color at all. I didn't seal afterwards as my lamps don't get a lot of wear & tear. It is absolutely beautiful! My daughter wanted it for her home!

• E95656
    E95656

Love this!