Farmhouse X Office Desk
Today i will show step by step how i made a FARMHOUSE OFFICE DESK X-style. I hope you enjoy it:)
On the internet I found this plan. I really liked it and decided to make the same desk.
- Wood board for the table top made of oak - 120*50 cm
- Planks for the table body 7*3 cm
- Planks for the shelves 5*2 cm
- Planks for the box body 2*2 cm
- Planks for the box body 3*0.5 cm
- Wood glue
- Chalked paint or another
- Wet wipe
Tools that i used:
- List Kreg Jig Pocket Hole (I used my handmade Kreg Jig. )
- Electric screwdriver
- Grinding machine
- Сircular saw
- Electric stapler
- Japanese saw
- Right Angle
First I started the process of building the farmhouse desk. I build 3 same desk legs. I measure and cut 6 wood planks for the table body 7*3 cm. For accurate cuts I used my handmade Crosscut Jig.
I also used my homemade Kreg Jig and pocket Hole Screws to attach the 7*3 cm lumber together. Feel free to use a right angle clamp to help you clamp the pieces together.
Next I connected 3 legs together. For this I measured and cut 2 wood planks 7*3 cm, length 70 cm.
And 6 wood poles 7*3 cm, length 35 cm. To connect them I also used wood glue and the Jig for pocket Holes.
For the table shelves I used wood posts that were 5*2 cm. I cut 10 pieces with length 40 cm. I used a Japanese saw. It can cut very accurate and smooth.
The most difficult part to make X side legs. I used wood posts that were 7*3 cm. First I marked and cut 1 part of the X.
Then we should cut 2 part. Next step. I fix one part and apply the second part on top. Setting the corners. I mark the place where I need to make cuts.
I cut out half the thickness of the wood to 7*3 cm.
Then I added some glue ad fix the with clamps.
I inserted those X into the side legs. I drilled holes and screwed in the screws.
Now I must made back V-side. The principle of operation is the same as with the X side legs.
I sanded everything with Grinding machine. Then I began painting.
The next step, I made a drawer in the form of fruit boxes. I cut lot of 3*0.5 cm wood pieces.
Then i glued them and fix with Electric stapler.
Bottom of the boxes I made out of plywood. I covered the boxes with Danish oil.
Final step! I rounded the corners of the countertop with an edge cutter.
Sanded with 80/120/180 sandpaper
And сovered with Danish oil
Hope you like it! Thanks for watching!
FARMHOUSE X OFFICE DESK
- Wood board for the table top made of oak - 120*50 cm (hardware store)
- Wood profile for the table body 7*3 cm (hardware store)
- Wood profile for the shelves 5*2 cm (hardware store)
- Wood profile for the box body 2*2 cm (hardware store)
- Wood profile for the box body 3*0.5 cm (hardware store)
- Wood glue (hardware store)
- Screws (hardware store)