The Old Stool Turns Into an Industrial Side Table

$0

Every time I find an old or apparently broken item, I can’t help thinking about a million ways to make it look pretty and useful again. My DIY projects prove it.
That would be the story of this stool too. I found it under a pile of stuff at my parents-in-law, and nobody seemed to care about its age or potential.
Except me.
I have a big stash of wood scraps, so I could easily find exactly what I needed for my DIY project: a few pieces of wood boards in same width (1-in). They were scraps, so they came in different lengths, but that was an easy fix.
I had to cut off the old wooden seat, in order to replace it with a wood panel. I chose a few wooden boards, and they were sanded by my hubby, and prepared for the next step.   
I used a few boards with a minimum length of 20-in, aligned them and fixed them with a transversal board and screws.
Since the boards had different lengths, I had to cut them so they would have the same size. It took five minutes, another transversal board and one straight cut to have my wood panel almost ready.
Then I made a frame from 4 pieces of wood board 2-in wide. My hubby cut the corners at 45 degree angles so they would fit nicely together.
I sanded and painted the legs black using special paint that prevents metal from rusting. For wood, I had some 3 in 1 varnish, a leftover from one of my previous DIY projects. Once the legs and the panel have been painted and are well dried, I’ve assembled them and got the side table I’ve projected from the start.
Check the article on my blog for more pictures of my new favorite side table, and for more creative ideas and helpful projects you can build by yourself starting tomorrow!

• Wood boards  (reclaimed)
  • Old metal stool  (reclaimed)
  • Wood screws

30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Gabi Ralea