Will painting these cabinets depreciate the value?

I believe these are knotty alder cabinets and the kitchen itself is only 6 years old. I really want to paint these cabinets white but am afraid the value will go down. I think these are higher end cabinets, but I'm not really that sure. I just don't want to ruin something that may be super good or if I should just go ahead and paint the darn things already :) Any help on the value of cabinets would be much appreciated!! Or if you think painting them will help or hurt the value

Should I paint these or keep them natural??
  • Pam Park
    Pam Park Cincinnati, OH

I', guessing they paid extra to embrace the character of that specific wood

• Linda Crandall
      Linda Crandall Chandler, AZ

It is my opinion, if you choose the right color your resale value should increase. I would check with a local Realtor in your area and ask them. Mine told me that painted cabinets are the new rave so, I am working on brightening mine now - Stop over at The Magic Brush and see what Jennifer does to cabinets its amazing and she sells a DVD on how to do it right the first time. Also check inside to see if there is a manufacture of your cabinets - ours were not as high grade as I thought so I went for it! Happy painting! :-) Linda