Recycle Me Weekly Challenge
This is a project I started, but had no idea how it was going to come out until it was finished. I don't know about you, but I have some of the glass canisters without lids, so I decided to make something with one of them. This project didn't cost me anything, as I had everything at home. It took two days to complete to let the glue dry.
This is the canister I was talking about. Yep, I can see you all now shaking your head, saying to yourself...I have one of those. lol Now to gather things to use in it. I found some trees and wreaths...that's a start.
I glued a wreath in the bottom of the canister with tacky glue. I let this dry overnight.
I then found some of the stuffing a person puts in between the top and bottom of a quilt. It didn't take much for this project. Next, I cut off the bottoms of 2 trees because they were too tall to begin with.
People thought I was crazy when I purchased this bag of rocks, but I knew I'd find a use for them. I sorted out a few of the bigger ones. I also found a brush I wanted to use to spread Elmer's glue, a napkin, and paint pallet.
Turn the canister on it's side, then on the bottom side, use the brush to spread Elmer's glue, then place the stuffing on top of the glue. This is where the rocks come in...take the napkin, put on top of the stuffing, then put some rocks on top to hold the stuffing down until it dries. The napkin will keep the stuffing clean in case the rocks have any dirt on them. Let this dry for at least 4 hours.
On the bottom of the canister on the outside, there was a circle in the glass. I took a red sharpie and colored in around the circle to resemble a door with the wreath on the glass of the door. You have to use your imagination here.
Next thing I did, was to put the 2 trees inside the canister on each side of the wreath. You will also see that I glued a clear jewel between the trees. This will be the start of the pathway.
I finished using the Elmer's glue to glue the jewels to the snow. I let some of the stuffing to come out the end as if it were overflowing. I then found a couple carolers, as well as a snowman and child, so glued them into the canister.
Here is one side shot to show the carolers.
This is another front view showing what it looks like. Disregard the things behind my project. lol
Other side showing the snowman and child. The pictures don't do this justice, but hopefully you can see what this looks like now.
See all materials
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info