Boudoir Ceiling Part #2

$50

My boudoir ceiling ring is finally complete and i had so much fun and it was ridiculously easy!!
i started first with this blank but beautiful resin medallion from Archictural Depot. It was very lightweight and took paint easily...
i began painting using regular acrylic craft paints. It did help to plan out each section by labeling a color for each section...
Once I was done, I very simply glued it to the ceiling using DAP Premium Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant. I applied a wavy bead generously on the back of the medallion, eyeballed where I was going to place it, and wham, I just stuck it to the ceiling! Since it’s so light, the glue held it fast and I was able to gently slide it in place where I wanted it.
The outer ring is sold in fours and after painting it, I glued two half’s together with DAP Rapidfuse Glue before putting it on the ceiling with the polyurethane..
Now for more painting.. I thought a sky would be easy but I was wrong.. as you can see...
It just wasn’t looking like a real sky to me...
It wasn’t looking too good...
...until I began looking for some perspective.. that I was inside looking up and out at the sky... and VOILA! Love it!! Now to find a chandelier!! Next post will be the walls of the boudoir with a paint technique I’ve never tried!! I Exciting!!!

• Ceiling medallion and ring  (Architectural Depot)
  • DAP Premium Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant  (The Home Depot)
  • DAP Rapid Fuse  (The Home Depot)

• Flora

WOW I love this project but more so the mirror dresser. Did you use interior pain or water proof for longer lasting? I love this hole idea for my dinning room.

• Jessie

Thank you, i used a chalk paint on the dresser and regular acrylic paint on the medallion