Can a person use tomato seeds from a grocery store tomato to start the

+4
  • Dfm Dfm on Feb 17, 2018
    It will depend on how ripe the tomatoes are...if the seeds are mature or not.
  • Polly Fuller Polly Fuller on Feb 17, 2018
    I did. the plants weren't as strong as hothouse plants.
  • You can and I have. Not as good as purchased seeds or plants but fun to do if you have the room to experiment.
  • KAREN P KAREN P on Feb 17, 2018
    Absolutely,my husband takes the seeds from fruit and veggies all winter long and dries them out. Then,come spring,plants them. I cant remember the last time he bought seeds unless it was for something we didn't have. Cucumbers and tomatoes get canned for the hard times. Anyway,we've had great success. Happy planting!
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Feb 17, 2018
    The seeds need to dry out first. If you hold them until the next planting they may germinate better. On the other hand, vegetables and fruits thrown or left in the garden sometimes spring up in a new plant, so give it a try! ☺️
  • Martha Martha on Feb 17, 2018
    I have a lemon tree three years old now, I started by placing a lemon cut in quarters, I noticed the seeds looked as though they were sprouting, so I planted in flower pot. Beautiful shiny green leaves. I transplanted to flower bed in fall.