DIY Furry Ottoman - IKEA Hack With LACK Table for a Small Living Room

$50

I needed a new coffee table/Ottoman for my living room after redecorating it and I saw a cute furry pouf I really liked but couldn't afford ($350!!) so my solution? An IKEA hack involving the ubiquitous LACK table which costs $8!
diy furry ottoman ikea hack with lack table for a small living room
My inspiration on the left (CB2 $350) and my starting point on the right: the $8 IKEA LACK table.
The first thing I had to do to make it work as an ottoman was cut the legs by about 3".
I could have spray painted the legs gold but I'm not that great at it so I chose to use this vinyl material for Cricut machines - I love the color and gives a beautiful finish.
For the top, I used 2" foam that I cut with a serrated bread knife and I also covered all the sides with 1" foam to give it a fuller look. Then after putting the legs back on, I stapled the batting and fur fabric to the bottom of the table.
Here's my version compared with the inspiration - it ended up costing me $20 because I already had some of the materials but even if you had to buy everything, it would still come in around $50, a lot less than $350!
And it looks right at home in my living room - I just love it, it's so cute!
You can see the entire project and get more tips and tricks in this video.

• LACK table  (Fur Fabric)
  • Foam
Engineer Your Space

• Sue

This inspired me to try the same project with my blue Lack table from Ikea. I cut down the legs as you suggested but I used gold spray paint on the legs which seemed to work well. I bought a small round fluffy rug £14.99 from EBay and used this as the table covering. I think it turned out well - what do you think?