Donette
Donette
  • Chandler, AZ
Asked on Mar 25, 2018

Do all the countertops look better when they all match?

Lisa S.JanaShore grandmom
+6

Replacing all house countertops: bathrooms, kitchen and island. Should we get the same granite in all?

• Sharon

Granite is very expensive if you have a lot of counter space, I would prefer bathrooms to match what colors are in the bathroom and kitchen to match kitchen! But that’s just me! Also check into doing stonecoatcountertops.com I went over my black granite cutting board with their epoxy in a copper color, tho they have many colors to choose
  • Kelly Denoyer Russell

No. Not necessary and often you choose different counters for bathrooms than you do a kitchen. I would match your kitchen counters with the island since they are in the same room however sometimes I’ve seen a cool butcher block island with granite or other hard surface counters and that looks very good.
  • I agree with Kelly. Sometimes just a matter of personal preference.

that is tru.ly your decision
  • Cindy

Hi Donette, Our kitchen counter tops are granite and our island is stainless steel. They are both in the silver family and look great together. I use the SS to knead dough all the time. Love it.
  • Chubby58

You can replace all with granite, I would pick one pattern for my kitchen, then pick a color out of the kitchen granite , try to match it with a different pattern and put that in your bathrooms
  • Shore grandmom

The kitchen and bathrooms can all be different. I never do the same countertop more than once in a house. My last house had one kind of granite in the kitchen and a different one in each of the four bathrooms. When I do a bathroom, I do the countertop, door threshold, shower threshold and shower seat all in the same granite. I've also had shelves made out of the same granite for over the toilet.
  • Jana

Different counter tops can meld together well. I have dark quartz and butcher block in my kitchen and they work great.
  • Lisa S.

If the bath is connected to the kitchen, then maybe match. Otherwise decorate as 2 separate areas. If you want they can be the same, but not necessary.