Asked on Mar 26, 2018

Rats have gnawing on my refrigerator water line.

GinnyMogieNQ.
+5

Are there metal water lines?

• Ann Cherkas Halstead

Set traps and get rid of the rats.

• Inside or outside? How about getting rid of the rats first?
  • Nancy Turner

Nothing will help until you get rid of the rats, they could start chewing on lines that are more important and dangerous, like electrical lines that could start a fire.
    • Nancy Turner

You could see if there is metal mesh or tubing that you could slip over the water lines for the water line. I know you should be able to find metal tubing that you could put on there instead of the plastic. As long as it doesn't have to bend to severely, you could use that, they used to always use some type of metal for the water lines. I would go to an appliance dealer (not somewhere like best buy) that deals only in appliances and see what solution they could offer.
  • NQ.

Inside your home you have rats! Get rid of them. if you are talking about the pipe that going from water to your refrigerato. Yes put copper tubing.
  • Mogie

For sanitary reasons getting rid of the rats should be number one on your to do list.
  • Ginny

You have rats indoors!! Call a good exterminator IMMEDIATELY.