Do I paint my knotty pine walls but not the knotty pine ceiling?

+7
q do i paint my knotty pine walls but not the knotty pine ceiling
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 25, 2018
    It would brighten the whole room if you painted the ceiling as well
  • Completely a mater of personal taste. I think it can look great either way. Just depends on how much of the wood charm you wish to keep - or not.

Love where your dog is sitting too!
    • See 1 previous
    • I really love what you currently have, yet understand how you might want a change. Here are my off the top of my head thoughts: painting over the knotty pine walls is going to be a bit of work. If you add in the ceiling, you will need scaffolding. Drywall may be the way to go. Are the planks easily removable?
  • Diane Diane on Apr 25, 2018
    If this is a lake house or a home in the woods, I would not paint either, but if you want to paint, then I would suggest painting the wall and the ceiling.
  • GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Apr 25, 2018
    Hi there, you could always start with the walls and see how much you love and then maybe do the ceiling after!
  • Dee Dee on Apr 25, 2018
    Make sure you use a good primer with stain block before painting.
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Apr 25, 2018
    Hello! From what I see in the picture, the largest portion of knotty pine is on the ceiling. So, if you don’t like knotty pine or if you’re tired of knotty pine, definitely paint the ceiling. Click on the link below for tips on how to cover knotty pine when painting. Good luck!