How can I stop my dogs from peeing on my table legs?

+3
They use just about anything to pee on. I've tried everything to make them stop. Nothing works.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 28, 2018
    Have them castrated it stops the need to mark their territory..........
  • Nan W. Nan W. on Apr 28, 2018
    Have you consulted a pet behavior specialist? I've found them to be invaluable. Call a reputable training center and they can recommend one.
  • Sharon Sharon on Apr 28, 2018
    Dog training and crating them when you are not in the room with them. http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/crate_training.html its just like kids, your dog need to know what you want from them and to have developed bladder control to be able to wait til you take them for a walk especially after feeding with 30 mins, and make sure they go out before bedtime. Their crate should become their safe place, their den.
    Any dog over 10 weeks can be crate trained to not pee in the house. As a former dog trainer, I used to take puppies home with me and I could have them trained within 2 weeks. I would put the crate next to the bed at night, and you do have to get up and let them out, they will learn to whine or bark when they need to go out. Otherwise if there is a medical condition, they should see a vet.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 28, 2018
    There could be multiple issues ...best to speak to your vet
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Apr 28, 2018
    Sharon is giving you good advise! They need structure in their lives, like a schedule and a safe place.
  • Sharon is absolutely correct! One of mine was crate trained in one night! One took f o r e v e r - stubborn little girl. Are you sure you are letting them out often enough? I have one that likes to go out and "wash her face" in the grass and has a tinkle right after each meal. Assuming you have boy dogs - part of that is "marking their territory" and they are competing for dominance - they simply need to be trained. Whenever I have multiple visiting boy dogs, the yard turns into a competition. I have been known to run the sprinklers so we can all enjoy the yard.