Is it possible to do a very small wall with pennies .

+6
It’s for a small bathroom wall in the bathroom. I m sure there needs to be a sealer of some kind. And I need to be able to glue myself no money in the budget😀it’s a very small section all the way to the floor on the left and just a little above the shower. Any other suggestion are welcome🙌 Thnx in advance
q is it possible to do a very small wall with pennies
  • Yes! Aother Hometalker did just that. Here is how!

https://www.hometalk.com/27316714/penny-wall-stove-backsplash?r=2
  • Gk Gk on Apr 29, 2018
    I think you might be surprised at how much "money" you have in pennies for this wall. Plus the difficulty in attaching them onto the wall and not having them fall as you work. You would have to grout the wall when you got all the pennies on as well. I have seen pennies on flat surfaces--I think it would be easier to do it on a flat horizontal surface rather than a vertical wall. Maybe you should check into some penny tile--maybe it wouldn't be that much for this area. Or there is also peel and stick tiles--some look very nice--some don't. You can also go to a local Habitat for Humanity and find tiles for an extremely reasonable price--contractors/DIY homeowners take their leftovers there so the tiles are new.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 29, 2018
    Why not, if you have enough! Wouldn't do to runout before you are finished? Make a calculation first!
  • Jcraw Jcraw on Apr 29, 2018

From a lazy person: you can buy a roll of interesting peel-and-stick bathroom (water-resistant) wallpaper for about $30 at Amazon and others. Do a handsome background with wallpaper and then apply your pennies to a piece of board or old wood tray and hang like a picture. Besides, you’ve got a super decor going, and I don’t really see a penny wall with your slick art.
    I’d think costs would be about equal, particularly considering epoxy and poly supplies for penny wall, plus pennies - to say nothing of the fact that your time is worth money too.
    Just saying......
    • Ali Kay Ali Kay on May 04, 2018
      Nah...i still like the penny idea. We all have our own opinions. But I think your penny wall would be unique and look great with your decor! The 1st link above said it was very inexpensive, and you don't have half as much to cover. Please post pics if you decide to do the pennies..i would love to see how it turns out!
  • new stick on mortar mastic for glass tile. should work at lowes
  • Betsy Betsy on Mar 01, 2021

Hi Gnd: Sure, you can do this, but there are about 288 pennies in a square foot, and they are pretty heavy. If you are planning on doing this on wallboard, you will find that you have a sheet of pennies on the floor one day, after a shower if you don't seal it properly :) Just make sure that you glue the pennies to a stable surface. Wallboard is just paper over plaster like stuff, and not very sturdy. Maybe if you make a frame out of plywood, attach that to the wall and glue your pennies to that, you may have better luck :) Sounds interesting though. Good luck