Bathroom Window Privacy Fix. Faux Stained Glass That's Easily Removed.

$14

Faux stained glass. Fun fix for your bathroom or other windows. Instant and beautiful solution to your privacy issues in dwellings where you require privacy but nail holes for curtains and other changes are not allowed.
I started by cleaning the glass on the window in my shower where I wanted my faux stained glass.
Really need some privacy.
Then I applied the clear shelfliner. To make my faux stained glass removable.
Then I spent some time searching the internet for "free stained glass patterns." I found this one.
https://goo.gl/images/3DiztE
I made adjustments to fit my needs.
I simply drew the pattern on my clear shelf paper lined window with pencil (in case of mistakes) and when it looked how I wanted it, I traced over the pencil with the glossy black fabric paint. Let dry. I waited over night.
Mix food coloring and Mod Podge.
I added food coloring directly to my Mod Podge bottles. Just primary colors. Then when I needed other colors I simply mixed them in a cereal bowl from my kitchen. Adding more food coloring if I wanted brighter more vibrant colors.
The thick fabric paint created the perfect boarder for each color. I just filled each fabric paint boaderd area with a color and let dry overnight.
I then covered the whole thing with another piece of clear shelf liner to protect my project as it was in my shower. (This also made it easy to clean.)
And done. Privacy when I shower.
Then I showered.
Easy change. Peeled it off and did it again!
I had so much fun doing this project I decided to do it again! I'm really loving 💘 this simple change. I literally peeled it off in seconds and began again!

• Ticia

You did a great job. I wondered about what happens when you peel it off too. Do you think it's possible to do the same thing on a clear tablecloth or shower curtain and would that resist cracking? If so, it could be used over and over and changed out too. Not sure how it could attach to the glass but perhaps a little double sided tape might work and still not do damage.

• Retha cook

Did you use the adhesive or non Adhesive shelf liner? And did you use just one bottle of Modpog and pour what you needed into separate bowls?

• Sheila

Yes I would try this ,

how did the shelf liner stick ?

• Melanie Parker

I used many years ago something like “Gallery Glass paint” for my girls rooms. You just copy whatever you like onto some clear plastic (in reverse) with a sharpie, turn it around and then start filling it the way you like. Outlines go first. You are making your own window clings that look more like the old stained windows with lead edges. The great thing is, you can make them as large as you want, they are removable ( And if you are careful also reusable)! For my sliding door I made it in parts and put them together like puzzle pieces to create a large picture.

• T

I would really like to do this, Question: how did you "stick" the shelf liner to the window? I have a West facing window, and I live in the desert, so that window takes on a lot of heat.