Has anyone had experiance using Behr Granite Grip concrete coating?

GkCheryl AHillela G.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using Behr Granite Grip concrete coating. Does it really make concrete look like pebbles? How do I figure how much I need? Is it hard to apply? Would it survive Michigan winters? How do you go about applying it? I love the whole idea and would love to put it on our back sidewalk but I just don't know enough about it.

• Hillela G.

I think this will be really helpful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmHsKHwukE
  • Cheryl A

Jun 12, 2016 - I have seen the product of Granite grip paint at Home Depot and on ... if anyone has used this paint and what there experience has been. ... be literally "steam rolled" out flat using a short nap adhesive roller. ... I used the paint on the concrete and it looks great and no signs of wear or breakdown at this point.

Concrete patio floor after Behr Granite Grip paint ... Do you have an ugly painted concrete floor like this one and you would like to .... Use Valspar Semi-Transparent Concrete Stain to transform sidewalks with the look of stone. ...... The last time I updated you, we had a major project in mudding and painting the garage walls.

www.qualifiedremodeler.com/202971/paint-trends-a-coating-for-every-purpose/

Concrete and masonry surfaces present an array of application and ... But he noted that rain and wet weather have had an impact, thus highlighting the ... Introduced in 2016 and available nationally, it is intended for use on doors, .... In 2017, the most notable new offering from Behr is a specialty coatingcalled Granite Grip.
  • Gk

You might want to check out the Customer Reviews for Granite Grip on the Home Depot website and other websites. Some reviews are complimentary, but others not so much. Apparently this product is somewhat difficult to apply, as the little beads of color it contains have to be literally pressed out flat using a short nap adhesive roller. There is no color in the resin itself, so two coats is necessary to make it opaque and give the necessary protective thickness. Michigan winters with lots of cold, ice and snow and then spring melt and temperature changes will probably not be kind to this product if you are planning to use it on an outside sidewalk that more than likely will be shoveled, plowed or cleared with a snow blower or is covered in ice and freezes and thaws. It is sitting on top of the concrete like a paint so moisture will be able to get under the product and do some not so good things. Not saying that the product can't be good--but where you choose to use it will make all the difference in whether it's successful or it fails.