Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Fort Collins, CO

How To Deep Clean Your Couch

$1

I'm at it again, a new challenge of how to deep clean your couch. Well, to put this to the test, I cleaned my friend's couch. Why is this a key piece - who would risk ruining their friend's couch?!!! So I found a way to safely clean her couch with items I already had at home, and I wanted to share the results with you.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

how to deep clean your couch

*Before beginning - know what fabric is on your couch. There are usually tags on your couch that says if it can be cleaned with water or must be dry cleaned, etc.

Start by vacuuming your couch. I started by using my crevices tool and this tool gets in all the creases. My friend's couch's cushions were all attached. I went in every crease that couch had. If your cushions are not attached - remove the cushions and get in all the creases all over the couch.

how to deep clean your couch

Next I put on my vacuum's turbine tool - this is a little head that has an attachment that spins like a larger attachment you have on your carpet floor. If you don't have one of these attachments, it's okay just use the attachment that came with your vacuum. Vacuum every surface area of the couch.

how to deep clean your couch

The next step is to deodorize your couch. Sprinkle baking soda on the couch and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. You can leave it longer if you wish.

how to deep clean your couch

After the time is up, vacuum up the baking soda.

how to deep clean your couch

Next I used a damp microfiber cloth to wipe the entire couch down. You would be surprised what that little cloth will pull out of your couch. I used the Norwex Evirocloth - https://amzn.to/2ODnUPM

how to deep clean your couch

Use the microfiber cloth to spot clean some of your stains.

how to deep clean your couch

If stains still remain, another option is to steam clean your couch. (If you don't have a steam cleaner you can use a very warm damp wash cloth and blot at your couch's spot.) Steam the couch and use the microfiber cloth to clean up the spots. The steam and heat allows for the stain to release.

how to deep clean your couch

I also used the steamer to help revive some of the areas on the couch that were most used and the fabric had been "crushed" down. The steam brought those areas back to life.

how to deep clean your couch

For a spot cleaner - mix together 1/8 tsp of dish or castile soap and 1 cup warm water in a squirt bottle.

how to deep clean your couch

Spray the spot cleaner on those really tough spots. Let sit for a minute to soak in.

how to deep clean your couch

Then blot with your microfiber cloth. If the stain persists, repeat.

how to deep clean your couch

My friend's couch is all clean and she's going to be so excited when she comes home!

I would love to have you stop by my blog     Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Debbie Harrington

is this a microfiber couch? if not what is the easy way to clean a microfiber couch?

• Sue

Hair spray will remove ball-point ink as well

Thank you for all this info - Have a sofa and recliner that needs cleaning badly and professional cleaner is over an hours drive away.

• M_e22045496

I have a recliner that has sweat stains and what looks like white places that I assume are dead skins cells from my legs when wearing shorts. Would this spot cleaner work on that or do I need to have it professionally cleaned?

• Cindy Koerber Schneider

Seems repetitive, why not vacuum, spot cleaner steam clean and use braking soda if needed?