How to kill poison oak and poison ivy for good?

+4
  • They are spread by wind, wildlife and people. Best you can do is suit up, dig it out and treat the area. They have a chemical you can paint on but I have never used it.

• Zard Pocleeb Zard Pocleeb on Oct 02, 2018

Poison ivy and poison oak are both perennials so this is hard to do. The only way I know of would be to dig it out roots and all (at great personal risk). Whatever you do don’t burn it. The fumes contain the poison and if you breathe it in it is a very serious situation.

• Marji Marji on Oct 03, 2018

wish I knew. that is the devil's weed

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Oct 03, 2018

Here is an article that might help you - https://www.wikihow.com/Kill-Poison-Oak

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Oct 03, 2018

I've heard of people not only spraying with a weed killer for woody vines, but also INJECTING the herbicide into the trunk, and spreading runners; Birds love the berries .. so if you live close to a wooded area infested with it, you'll be fighting it forever ...

• Claire Claire on Oct 03, 2018

Goats,rent them . Goats love poison ivy and will eat it all,killing . They might be pricey to rent but it works.

• Janet Janet on Oct 03, 2018

Hot...hot water