What is the Best Way to Clean Pet Hair from Wood Floors?

Nancy TurnerSharonHolly Lengner - Lost Mom
+7

Is there a broom or type of broom that can adhere to pet hair? I am looking for one that can be used to pick up hair from hardwood floors?

• Barbara Baldwin
    Barbara Baldwin

Have you tried swiffer products?

• Nan W.
    Nan W.

Edward: I have pretty good luck with a Swiffer sweeper

• One of my dogs sheds like crazy, even with daily brushing. I vacuum up her hair every single day. A dry swiffer works pretty well, but my vacuum cleaner is better. I have a Shark vacuum.

• Joy30150932
    Joy30150932

Try the Swiffer mop. Nice dog!!!!

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi there, I would use something like a wet wipe ( damp soft cloth and push around on end of broom or mop or window wiper.

• My dog sheds like a madman so I vacuum and use a mop with a washable cloth on it from Libman, similar to a Swiffer but more environmentally friendly. I use a hardwood floor cleaner in a spray bottle.

• Heje
    Heje

Swiffer plus a vacuum works every time.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom
    Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

I agree that a Swiffer is the best way.

• Sharon
    Sharon

I use a Swiffer with electro-static clothes on it when I do my client's house. Then I vacuum if there are lots of pine needles.

• Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

I have one of the pet vacuums that works great. The Swiffer comes in handy for some areas that the vacuum doesn't get to, but a vacuum is best. Of course, we have four dogs, so we have lots of dog hair, especially in the spring and fall when they have their major sheds. Some times we just grab our wet dry vac when it is easier to use it under furniture the vacuum can't get at. Hate to say that those areas don't get done quite as often as the main floor areas. Right now we are moving furniture around, mom just went to memory care assisted living, so I have a lot of her antiques to fit into our house and make room to bring in all the potted plants I bring in for the winter (lows in 30's next week), so things are getting vacuumed and dusted really well.