Barb brown
Barb brown
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Kalamazoo, MI

Can someone please tell me what kind of Shrub?

Lori JohnsonDebbie / Dragonfly TreasureCelebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)
+9

A friend got this down in Northern Indiana and has it planted in Michigan and it is beautiful. Hope someone can tell me what it is because I would love one. Thank you Barb

q can someone please tell me what kind of shrub

• Ana

Hello dear, I love plants too some people know this shrub with the name of Callicarpa japonica or beautyberry and this for zone 5 to 10.

• Shore grandmom

Wow, that's pretty! I want one too!

• Ili

Purple Berry

• Jacki

It might be a Callicarpa Purple Pearls; google it. It looks like the same picture. Hope this helps.

• Jan

It’s called a beauty berry. They start out with white flowers and turn into these berries. They get quite large, so make sure you put in big area.

• Kudzu

it's French Mulberry or American Beautyberry-( callicarpa Americana) .

Family name Verbenaceae. I've always thought they were poisonous.

• Beth

Beautyberry is not poisonous, but they don't taste good. Birds love them, though!

• Fiddledd224

Amejrican Beauty Berry

• Beautyberry. Purple Beautyberry (Callicarpa dichotoma) is a deciduous shrub growing in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 5 through 8. The shrub produces light pink flowers in summer which turn to lilac-colored rows of berries that standout against the light green foliage in early fall.

• Lori Johnson

This is a gorgeous plant and purple is my favorite color. Would North Dakota be considered as a zone in the 5-8 zones for plants? I'd love to have one, or two, for myself. We do get cold in the winter. Summers are nice, for the most part, but we get strong winds at times.