Denim Mini Stockings Advent Calendar

$10
1 Day

I am passionate about reusing old ripped jeans, so as much as my children love commercial advent calendars it’s time to make a reuseable advent calendar.

denim mini stockings advent calendar

Stitch white webbing along a strip of denim. Add a red ribbon for hanging your finished stocking.

denim mini stockings advent calendar

Place a second piece of denim right sides together, ensuring the white webbing is aligned. Then stitch a denim stocking shape. You can download a free template here.

denim mini stockings advent calendar

Trim, then turn right side out. Turn in the top of the white webbing and hand stitch with a running stitch. This encloses the raw denim edge. Add decoration to your stocking, I have used mini wooden decorations spray painted, then glued on using UHU.

denim mini stockings advent calendar

Create a variety of sizes and shades of stockings. Use mini luggage tags to add the advent numbers then hang from a stick branch tree.

denim mini stockings advent calendar

The stick branch tree is made with sticks collected on a walk and some wire. I have used a 5 meter length (I am based on the UK) of lights with the battery pack at the top - this is hidden behind a star.

denim mini stockings advent calendar

Placing the numbers randomly adds to the fun - you have to hunt for the correct number. There are more details on the blog including a downloadable list of Christmas activities, one per day to include in the stocking.

denim mini stockings advent calendar
Vickymcreations