How do I make a winter themed wreath?

+7

When I take down the Christmas wreath some where around Jan. 1, I would like to put up a winter themed wreath. The problem is, I’m basically shut in, so I can’t get pine, cedar or any other fresh or plastic greenery. But I have a variety of craft materials, and I’m very open to funny, weird, modern, and traditional. Ideas, please!

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 06, 2018

Hi Jewell! I use what I have on hand, or what I can get inexpensively, online or that can be upcycled from something else. I keep metal forms on hand, but, have used hula hoops, and anything else that I can hang on a door after I repurpose it. I like to make rag wreaths in cheerful colors, or the form wrapped in fabric or scarfs. One of my favorite materials for outdoor wreaths is plastic table covers. I cut them in strips like in this tutorial. You could make little snowmen out of socks and attach them. Have fun, and see what you could do with what you have!

https://www.hometalk.com/32453161/rag-wreath

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 06, 2018

Movie, there are some really good ideas in these sites. I love the four seasons wreath. I’ve done that for over a year with different flowers. I’m going to do something new. Thanks a bunch! ☺️

• Sal3170064 Sal3170064 on Dec 06, 2018

I would make one from a wire coat hanger and white garbage bags. Like photo, but add other elements instead of the baubles.

You just shape a wire hanger into a circle and tie strips of plastic garbage bags.

You can then make a scene to glue on. Like trees and deers etc out of fabric.

Sal, I have made a wreath from clear plastic bags, but not from white trash bags. The idea is very appealing. I like it! Thank you so much. ☺️

• How about snowflakes? I bet you have enough craft stuff to make snowflakes with. I just saw a video tutorial the other day on how to make them with hot glue. Would work with elmers too, you would just need to let them dry for a few days. I will try and find it for you.

https://www.hometalk.com/39990381/easy-glittery-snowflakes

Another option is a Mardi Gras themed wreath. Ribbons and beads in green, gold and purple.

Come February you can try a Valentine's Day wreath in reds, pinks, purples and white.

• See 1 previous
    • Excellent Jewell! No matter what you do, I am sure it will be pretty. Hometalk is the best isn't it? Look forward to every email, people come up with really beautiful and interesting projects. My number 1 go to site! Happy holidays! ☃️