How do I repair a metal door?

I have several curtain rod holes in my kitchen French doors that need to be repaired & painted.

  3 answers
  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 13, 2018

    I would suggest epoxy putty, my favorite repair tip. I use it for repair- rehab in crafting and home improvement=the Oatey epoxy putty stick

    I find it easier to work with than bondo and this clay like putty can be sculpted. It does harden in a few minutes and will dry a gray color can be sanded or drilled and will needing painting unless its final gray color works for your repair.

    It's a two-part epoxy sticky-found at big box hardware stores in the plumbing department near the pvc purple glue. In a clear plastic red capped tube. I get mine at Lowes $6. Home Depots version and JB Weld is more $ and smaller. Other smaller 2 part epoxy sticks options can alsobe found in the boat marine and wood repair shopping sections.

    You mix -press -then you can use scrape off excess (I use depleted gift card) and/or sand and paint. Cured putty is strong enough to drill through.

    • See 5 previous
    • Barbarann Barbarann on Dec 13, 2018

      If you can find where the water leak is on your outside fountain you can use flex seal. I know that it's an infomercial and they have the tape that works underwater they had spray and a paint and it works fabulously. Good luck

  • Lisa Lisa on Dec 13, 2018

    I was going to say you can use bondo or even spackling, but if you can find the product Vimarhonor suggested, I'd definitely go with that. If not, give bondo a go.

  • Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Dec 13, 2018

    SteelStik or Permatex Liquid Metal filler these work really well you can get them almost anywhere Walmart auto parts stores hardware stores just a couple of $