How do I clean silver?

+7
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 16, 2018

Hi, Sharon! Probably the cheapest and easiest way is with plain old fashioned white toothpaste with no gel or anything added. Use a rag and an old toothbrush (for getting into the more intimate parts) with just a bit of water. The foil method and Dipit type cleaning takes a little of the silver off each time you use that method. The toothpaste also easily rinses off with hardly any rubbing. If it is really badly tarnished it may take a second cleaning, but most likely would have had you used the messy silver polish. I hope this helps you clean the silver before company comes! Have a great Holiday Season!

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Dec 16, 2018

I Use Weimans Silver Polish.

• Dwp7470b Dwp7470b on Dec 16, 2018

Toothpaste with Baking Soda.

• Karen Karen on Dec 16, 2018

silver polish or look up on pinterest

• Cathy Cathy on Dec 16, 2018

Slather it with ketsup and about 2 hrs later wash it off and dry with microfiber cloth.

• William William on Dec 17, 2018

I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish like Wrights and dips like TarnX tend to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed. I use white toothpaste (not gel) and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, ceramics, sneakers, plastics, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything.

• Hi Sharon - This is the most effective and all-natural silver cleaning and polishing method that we use. It's also been featured by Hometalk. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/silver-utensils/

PS - I'm getting ready to release a FREE eBook with recipes for all of my homemade and all-natural cleaners. If you want to know when it's released, you can get it here --> https://pinkfortitude.com/thank/