Brian & Kaylor
Brian & Kaylor
  • Hitchcock, TX

DIY Adirondack Chairs

Furniture planning, pricing and research started when we were planning the dock. Outdoor furniture is expensive. This furniture is going to be over saltwater and in the sun all day. I decided to build adirondack chairs.
diy adirondack chairs, outdoor furniture, painted furniture
DIY Adirondack Chairs
I searched plans for several weeks. Then I found Skip to My Lou's plan. Her chairs had the curves and she provided a template. AWESOME! This template was a huge time saver. I didn't have to make a bazillion measurements to get all the curves right. I just traced the template and cut. It only cost about $7 at Office Depot to have the template printed at full size.
This project is time consuming but it is fairly easy. Tracing, cutting and sanding takes some time but the assembly part goes fast. Although these can be a one person job, it is nice to have an extra set of hands around for help hold while measuring and lining up.
The finished product.
All 6 looking pretty on our dock we just built! Love DIY!
Brian & Kaylor