Asked on Jan 17, 2019

How do you cover wall paper if you can't bear the thought of removing?

K_a7863698AnnieKaren
+5

• You can paint over it or just add another layer of wallpaper on top

• K_a7863698

after a brief attempt to remove paper in a bathroom & find out the wall had not been prepped prior to the paper application & I would cause WAAAY more issues continuing, I found a patterned, paintable paper & so far it’s worked great. 🤞🏻

• Unique Creations By Anita

Painting over the wallpaper would be your best bet.

best to remove the wallpaper. The moisture in the paint can cause it to bubble, separate from the wall, and seams to separate. Also would be hard to remove in the future.

• K_a7863698

Actually William, maybe it’s just been good luck but I’ve found removing paper after it’s been painted to be easier.

🤷‍♀️

• Karen

I’ve painted over wallpaper after making sure the wallpaper was stuck down everywhere. It worked great, no bubbles, no problems.

• Annie

Remove it. William is totally right and it will be 5 times harder to take off after you’ve painted it. Been there!

• K_a7863698

Same here Karen, no problems painting over paper. In fact, my kitchen paper was embossed so when I painted it the pattern shows through & I get so many compliments on great it looks.