Easy and Inexpensive House Shape Terrariums Using What?!?!

$1

If you love the idea of terrariums to mix in with your centerpieces but not the price, this project is for you. This project is not a regular terrarium to grow plants. Instead this terrarium is a display piece. Since I love farmhouse style I tried this using twine. But the house shape didn't hold up.

I used white glue, a ruler, pipe cleaners {chenille stems,} straws, and craft scissors. Use scissors that you are okay cutting the thin wire in the pipe cleaners. Not your fabric scissors. Notice I'm using black straws and pipe cleaners.

Set 5 straws aside. My straws are 7 3/4 inches long. I found them on Amazon. Then I cut 8 straws to 6 inches long.

I set 5 pipe cleaner aside. Again, I found the black pipe cleaners on Amazon. They are 12 inches long. Then I cut 3 pipe cleaners in half to 6 inches. Next cut 4 pipe cleaners to 3 inches long.

Place a 12 inch pipe cleaner into 4 of the full length straws. In one straw, add 2 pipe cleaners.

Add a small amount of glue inside the straw as you start assembling the house shape.

Then insert the ends of the pipe cleaners into two 6 inch straws. This makes a rectangle. Now make another one.

Using the 3 inch pipe cleaners and glue add four 6 inch straws to make the corner of the box. Slide the pipe cleaners an inch or so in the 6 inch straw and then into one corner straw.

Now using two more 6 inch straws and 6 inch pipe cleaners form the gables of the roof. Slide the pipe cleaner in the straws using a bit of glue.

Do any reshaping needed to your house shape terrarium. I made two from my centerpiece. The cost of these two are minimal compared to the ones I found online.

On my centerpiece, I place faux plants for a spring lunch. I can't wait to use them with real tulips, my collection of sea shells, fall pumpkins, bottle brush trees, or a stack of bound books. What would you place inside the terrarium shaped house?

Country Design Style-Jeanette

• Tara

Ideas with old glass pitchers and cups

• I love using old glass pitchers and cups as vases for flowers. My favorite is a cut glass pitcher I found in a thrift store. It amazing in the center of the table with a large collection of spring flowers. I use small cup and coffee mug to hold flowers in smaller rooms, like the powder room or on our bathroom countertop.