Boat Oar Address Sign

I repurposed an old boat oar as an address sign for our little lake house cottage. All it took was a couple of coats of paint and a little distressing, and it looks good as new!
I loved the green paint already on the oar, so I wanted to make sure it was seen once I painted the oar.
I used a crayon to color over the green paint so the blue paint wouldn't adhere to it.
A coat of dark blue chalky paint...
and a little bit of distressing with sandpaper.
I spray painted some wooden numbers and now it's a perfect nautical addition to the front porch!

15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Jenny @ Refresh Living

• Jamie

I really love this one. I’m gonna start looking for an old boat oar

• Sue

My vintage boat oar hangs in our living room with my nautical wall display so can't use that one. I have a smaller wooden pair that I bought years ago at craft store but I use those out on our back yard fencing (we live in FL), BUT I am on the hunt for another OAR!! I have been pondering WHAT to do to put new house numbers on our place and nothing appealed to me until THIS! I LOVE IT!! Thank you so much. Will do it for sure.