BusyBeeEmily
BusyBeeEmily
  • Farmington, UT

Vintage Aqua Bedroom With a European Flair

$100.00

I recently redid my teenage daughter's bedroom in her favorite color...Aqua! I didn't want it to be kitchsy, and I had a lace canopy that I had found in my thrift store travels which made the whole concept feel on the romantic side. As I decided how to hang the canopy, the rest of the room just came together. Nearly everything in this room is thrifted, with the exception of a couple of personal things or
bedroom ideas vintage aqua european, bedroom ideas, chalk paint, home decor, painted furniture, shabby chic, reupholster, wall decor
The view from the foot of the bed. The bedspread is a duvet made from a king size coverlet that I found with matching shams. The floral pillow shams were made from a 2-sided vintage pillowcase cut in half, with the backs sewn from the excess fabric on the coverlet. All the pillows are mismatched and from thrifted items. The rod holding up the back of the canopy created a spot to hang a custom print from.
I added a dry brushed painted curtain rod to the back wall so that the canopy would drape back nicely.
Dresser and some personal items and painted objects on top.
Vanity table that I painted with chalkboard paint. A small tiered basket painted to match serves as "drawers" since there aren't any on the vanity. All of the mirrors and frames in the room got a custom "dry brush" paint job with champagne and aqua paint. The little stool was my grandmothers and I put a new cushion cover on it. I used to watch her put on her makeup at her vanity while she sat in this chair, and now I watch my daughter do the same!
Walmart clock (one of the few items I purchased new for another room) had an ugly finish on it until I gave it a dry-brush paint job...now it looks like a European Plaster piece. Her favorite baby stuffed animal (with a new necklace) and her baby shoes were added to a shelf that I painted along with some seashells.
Side view of the canopy and bed, and a repurposed garden trellis hung up for photos.
I made custom vanity holders from seashells that I painted and glued to candlesticks, and placed on a tray.
Close up of the vintage pillowcase made into shams. This pillowcase, along with a vintage plate hanging on the wall was my inspiration for combining the aqua with a little bit of lilac, which can be seen here and there as accents around the room.
Close up of the coverlet made into a comforter and a lovely pleated bedskirt I found thrifting.
Close up of the painted ceiling medallion and vintage light fixture that I used as a coronet to hang the canopy from.
My grandma's vanity chair that I recovered in a lilac velvet to go with her vanity table.
More pictures and additional information about this room transformation can be found on my blog Adventures of a BusyBee!
BusyBeeEmily