How do you get sticker glue off?

+14

Many things come with a price tag sticker and the glue is hard to remove. Is there a home remedy to wash the glue off?

• Wendy C. Wendy C. on Apr 09, 2019

This is supposed to be an equivalent to Goo Gone. Mix together in a jar: ¼ cup oil (any kind) and 1/3 cup baking soda.

• I have been using crunchy peanut butter and a steel scrubber to get labels off of my jars for years as you can see from a post I did: https://www.countrypeony.com/blog/2013/05/DIYfauxmercuryglass.html

This site also has some great home remedy options: https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf/CleaningGroup/Glass/Removing-Labels-from-Glass-Jars.html

Good luck!

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Apr 09, 2019

Hi, mix 2 to 3 drops of lemon essential oil, 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1/2 tablespoon of water. The baking soda acts as a mild scrub and the oil helps get rid of the stickiness

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Apr 09, 2019

I use vegetable oil and then wash with dish detergent.

• Dean Murdaugh Dean Murdaugh on Apr 10, 2019

The orange oil products work wonderfully also depending on the surface rubbing alcohol works great on glass.

• Clhr Clhr on Apr 10, 2019

WD-40 to the rescue! Spray it on the sticky goo, let set a bit, wipe off ( you may have to spray again) and then wash. Works every time!

• Josie Josie on Apr 10, 2019

Avon skin so soft

• Judy Judy on Apr 10, 2019

Sometimes heating with a hair dryer for a bit helps lift those pesky stickers off!!!

• Rosario Genis Valdez Rosario Genis Valdez on Apr 10, 2019

“Goo gone works like magic “

They sell it at hardware stores but it’s also cheaper at “Dollar Stores”

• Lillie Phillips Lillie Phillips on Apr 10, 2019

I've used cooking oil, creamy peanut butter and like others have said goo gone. All 3 work really well, rub it on let it sit awhile (doesn't take too long then wipe it off. I've even used goo gone on some paper products like books. Never have a problem getting the stickers of usually you can get edge of sticker and it lifts right away, for really stubborn sticky residue just put goo gone on paper towel and rub gently.

• Em Em on Apr 11, 2019

No need for harsh chemicals. Whatever cooking oil you have and baking soda. I keep an old pill bottle full under my sink. The oil releases the glue and the baking soda gives it just enough texture to scrub the sticker off without hurting the object. Goo Gone and some of the other products are not only costly but can remove paint from some items. Go for the tried and true with the least amount of chemicals.

• Cynthia Cynthia on Apr 11, 2019

GooBGone May have misspelled this but it works excellently on getting off stickers and the glue that remains once you pull a stick off. It’s a pet peeve of mine. , but lots of retail stores put the stickers on he front of an item and if it weren’t for GooBGone those things would be. Ruined .

• Kyralee Kyralee on Apr 11, 2019

I use Pam cooking spray. Spray it on, let it sit overnight. Seems to dissolve most sticky price tags. It even removes the labels from prescription pill bottles. Coconut oil works too. Put a nice big glob on, rub it in, let it sit for a couple of hours, use a dry paper towel to rub off.

• Bebo Kanyak Bebo Kanyak on May 21, 2021

Good gone. You could also try alcohol and a razor blade

• Jimart Jimart on May 22, 2021

Goo Gone

• SL SL on May 22, 2021

Rubbing Alcohol.

• Janerose Janerose on May 22, 2021

Nail polish remover works on most