Easy Peasy: Hide Your TV Cables and Wires, a DIY

$80.00

A fantastic all-in-one kit makes is super easy to hide all those unsightly television and cable wires!

We received an all-in-one kit to test and review from Wiremold by Legrand to hide all those awful ugly cables and wires in the wall.

The neat thing about this kit is that everything you need is included -- yes, all the tools and pieces and parts you need are packaged as a kit.

There's an easy to follow video online (a link is in my blog post on this project). The whole project should take way less than an hour to accomplish.

After some fits and starts on our end due to a sound bar and needing a longer cable, we got all the necessary holes going and wires fished through.

The grommets cleverly clamp to the walls with no need to attach them to studs.

And voila, no more cables! None! Aw, how nice is that?!

Come catch up on this project, the living room area, and a whole lot more at Flipping the Flip!

• Wiremold In Wall Cable Kit  (Amazon)
  • Cordless drill  (Amazon)
  • Tape measure  (Amazon)

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Becky at Flipping the Flip

• Dominique

Where did you get the white ledge the cable box is sitting on?

• James McLaughlin

Go to box store buy one shelf, however long you want and it? And two brace's to hold it up, and your done.

• Nikki

Is there electrical wiring that has to be done in order to use this kit? I have mine hung above my fireplace right now that I just recently did with a similar tv mount for no stud hanging, but I have no electrical outlet near the mantle, I'm wondering if one has to be wired in order to do this? I have been thinking since it is just my dvr box that has to be connected with the HDMI cord and then of course the tv power cord plugged in I would maybe look into buying those strips that hide cords but even painted the color of the wall I think you way would look so much better. I am a female doing this by myself so I'm not sure how easy it is to achieve on my own lol =) I have done several DIY projects and I am familiar with some power tools etc but not wiring at all.

• Debra

Thx for the info but I have a bunch of electrical cords on the floor on super thick white carpet. They run about 3 ft from the wall. Any suggestions? Thx

• It's a bit hard to know without seeing it but there are a bunch of other cord hiding kits out there. Your local home improvement store or Amazon have oodles of options available. Hope that's helpful.

• Mark

A question from Australia - our wall frames have "noggings" (horizontal bracing pieces between the vertical studs @ about 1350mm from floor level) so i guess this product wouldn't be usable here (????)
    • Deena Lancaster

We have braces between our “studs” / vertical boards. Usually 2 or 3, depending on height of wall & age of house. Newer homes use metal studs not wooden.

I’d like to know what you find out. Contact the manufacturer, they should know.

• Debra

Thx so much for the info. We will check it out!🤗