Asked on Apr 16, 2019

What's the easiest way to clean windows?

K. RuppKathy Gunter LawLora Bloomquist
+4

This is my most hated job in spring.

• I use glass cleaner and newspaper.

• Rita

alcohol

• Tinyshoes

Windex and newspaper!

• Em

Auto windshield washer fluid and old t-shirts. A gallon for about $2 bucks. Gets rid of grime and costs way less than the blue stuff. Get a spray bottle at the Dollar Store and use it for your cleaner.

• Lora Bloomquist

I use hot water, ammonia and a little corn starch. Wipe the window with an old rag, sopping wet. Then clear away with a squeegee. Wipe the squeegee on a towel (I have it over my shoulder), then repeat. Microfiber cloths also work well if you have one.

• Kathy Gunter Law

A damp microfiber cloth should produce a streak free finish. Don’t do on a hot, sunny day. I prefer SuperCloth and use it for glass, screens, and appliances. It is similar to the cloth you receive with glasses/sunglasses. It was well worth the investment. They were under $40 for 4 of them about 5 years ago.

• K. Rupp

I love washing with hot water on a wash cloth and using a squeegee. It works great! I do that if I don't have any newspapers laying around to use with windex.