Humble beginnings. A good wipe down, removed the seat, staples, and fabric, inspected the foam, and it was good to go. Note: the chair frame was already the right color and perfectly distressed, saving me time and money on this project.
Sweet Chair Update
Last year, I found this adorable chair at a thrift shop for $5. It's been sitting in my garage ever since. Recently I've been rummaging through my things to find pieces for the little retail space I am renting with my friend. It's in a tea house so we are striving for a French Vintage vibe. I saw her in the corner a knew exactly what we were going to do. It's almost Tea Time!
I used the old fabric as a pattern to cut the two layers of muslin and seat fabric.
When laying out the pattern, it's important to center the print.
Once cut, I laid the muslin down first, then the fabric...smoothing it out over the foam. I then turned the seat over and stapled in place, pulling it taut and folding in the corners neatly.
I cut coordinating fabric and made a ruffle long enough to run the length of three sides of the seat. I stapled it to the frame. Next, I stapled cording all around the seat frame, over the ruffle.
I screwed the seat cushion back onto the chair frame, lining it up to sandwich the ruffle and cording neatly in between.
And here she is, all ready for High Tea! Not quite so humble anymore.