Asked on Jun 12, 2019

How can I do white backsplash white subway tile?

Diane CoverdaleEmKaren D
+6

Looking for ideas on backsplashwhite subway tile ?or suggestions 😊

• Wow, that is a sea of beige and white. Looks like it needs some color?

• Dorothy Motzer

Give me ideas for wall color.

It does seem boring

need help to get some color decisions

thanks

• Kelli L. Milligan

Visit a tile store and look at all the displays and vignettes. There's a lot of great choices out there that's more interesting than basic subway.

• Ellis

Subway tiles now come in colors--I know someone who has black subway tiles as their backsplash.

• Karen D

I used some narrow vinyl woodgrain flooring and glued it to the wall. There are some nice ones out there and several which are predominately white with some gray in them. It is quick and easy.

• Em

Subway tile comes in many colors. Pick a color and add a throw rug with color.

• Diane Coverdale

Have you thought of usinga different kind of tile but still use the 'subway' arrangement. Maybe a decorator stone, the narrow, rectangular ones. They come in an assortment of colours and I'm sure there are light colours you'll love. It would give the kitchen some colour pop and texture from the stone.

• Diane Coverdale

What colour ranges are you drawn towards? Browns, grays, greens or blues? The warm colours are usually left as an accent. If you can do an on-line search for a freebie app for kitchen design. Using your kitchen picture it may allow you to 'try out' different floor styles, pattern and possibly the backsplash.