How do I clean wood kitchen cabinets?

Linda SikutLynn SorrellNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+3

How can I remove spots of dried milk off of my wood kitchen cabinets without damaging the wood?

• Gk

Some warm soapy dishwater and a dishrag should work if you use a little bit of elbow grease. Rinse with clear water and dry with a nonabrasive dish towel.

• Mogie

I use a paper towel that with a little Dawn on it. Just wring it out. Put the wet towel on the spot so it stays in place by itself. Let that soak for about an hour and wipe it away. The best part is no scrubbing just let it soak.

Murphy's Oil Soap.

• Just wipe it off with a damp cloth and dry. I wipe my cabinets down every night when cleaning up the kitchen.

• Lynn Sorrell

do as GK just need to be persistant not rough or as Mogie says not too long or you'll get water white mark

• Linda Sikut

Hi Linda,

When I had wood cabinets, I would get out my Murphy's Oil Soap, add a little water then gently wipe it on the spots and let it sit for maybe 2 minutes. That would soften the dried food and not hurt the wood. After the 2 mins, I'd use elbow grease as GK mentioned to get off the rest then dry the area well. My cabinets are now painted and I still do basically the same thing except I use baking soda mixed in a little water or sometimes a vinegar & water with a few drops of Dawn mix that I keep with my cleaning products. Hope that helps. Wishing you the best.