How can I decorate a room to be VERY girly on a tight budget?

Cynthia HKmdreamerKathy DeStafino
+3

We have hard working mom on tight budget newly single after three years and very sad needing a remodel bedroom that mom shares with twin 5year old girls, they have a large closet along 1 entire wall and a blow up mattress for mom and a set of bunk beds for girls one wooden dresser and one plastic three shelve plastic dresser. They all love sparkles and dinosaurs and are girly girls for sure. Help me make mom smile again in the 3 girls’s bedroom. on a really tight bills only budget!!

• Vickymcreations

Can you keep your eye out in thirft stores for lovely new girly curtains? Could you paint the closet and drawers to match each other in a co-ordinating colour, I love working with fusion mineral paint as you do not need to wax it.

• Paint, remnant bin at your local yard goods store and all sorts of wall decals from your local dollar stores. There are lots of no sew projects you can do with fabric remnants, cover old toss pillows, make curtains using curtain clips, mod podge, etc. Foam core poster boards along with stickers, glitter paint and a bit of imagination can do wonders.

• Susan

You need a trip to the Dollar Store!!! And a trip to a thrift store!!! Find some Nice girly stickers to make the room a little brighter. You can find them with glitter and all shapes and sizes now!! For a cheap fix for bedding....use a size larger than the mattress size of a flannel top sheet for a bedspread. It will add some warmth when needed and be pretty other wise. Get matching for girls beds and a similar color for Mom!! But, make hers her own!!! You can find throw pillows at the thrift store and add yarn pompoms to corners!!! Just a few ideas...hope this helps get the ideas flowing!!! Good luck, wish I was closer and could help in person!!!

• Kathy DeStafino

Hit up the Dollar Tree and thrift stores. Watch for free and cheap on marketplace. Paint the wooden dresser to match the plastic. Our Dollar Tree always has very cute wall "stickers". I've added those to my little's room. Jewels that are about 4", princess crown and scepter, Disney princess, are some of them (I think I've seen dinosaurs too). Add them to the walls and even the furniture. Pick up plastic dinosaurs and hang them from the ceiling. If you can find a set of glow in the dark stars, every kid loves having those on their ceiling.

• Kmdreamer

Dollar store go to wedding stuff get tule decorate there wall by bed to look like a coach or princess bed use curtain rod or just a small ring from a shower curtain make a tent sort of there is also stationary tuff sparkles there to and costume to use to decorate with

• Cynthia H

Paint is your friend. Soft colors, soft fabrics. In my poor days I discovered the magic of sheets. I bought them on clearance, and used them for curtains, pillow covers, seat covers, furniture covers. Twin flat sheets are very easy to use. Look into getting a mattress for mom. Maybe you can find a friend who has an extra or is downsizing. Contact local companies and inquire about floor models. Explain your situation. There are good people out there. Sometimes even big companies want to help.