How to White Wax Wood Furniture

$16

Subscribe to my blog for more awesome DIY & decorating projects!

Learn how to easily white wax wood furniture to give it a fresh new look. In this tutorial, you'll see how I transformed eight vintage dining chairs into an expensive-looking set.

We white waxed and reupholstered these chairs

Here's a look at the before & after, after white waxing the chairs and reupholstering them! In this tutorial, we'll focus on just white waxing wood, though you can read all about our adventures with this project on my blog.

This is how the chairs looked when we purchased them from a Craigslist seller. To give the wood a new look, we decided to white wax them.

Here's how to white wax wood furniture:

Step 1: Lightly sand the wood.

I didn't spend too much time doing this. I just ruffed up the chairs a bit.

Step 2: Apply whitewash with a paint brush

I realized that using a paint brush to apply the white wax for this project worked way better than using a cloth.

Step 3: Let dry

Sept 4: Apply a second coat, if desired.

I ended up apply two coats for my project because I wanted them to be a very light tone.

For this project, I used Miss Mustard Seed's White wax and I absolutely loved the product!

I absolutely love how this project turned out. White waxing wood is so easy and makes such a difference.

Make sure to check out my blog for more fun projects!

Marly Dice

• Rogerkaren

I have two small Windows between a fireplace

Do I use curtains or leave them open. Very plain Windows.

• Debra

Could I use this white wax paint on a dress I want redo

• Penny-Marie

did you paint the fabric or replace it with white material?