Asked on Aug 24, 2019

How can I refinish parquet flooring?

FloorWorks Floor Sanding CoJohn BiermacherThe Zaitleys
+2

• Kelli L. Milligan

You have to be very careful sanding parquet flooring because they are usually thinner than normal flooring. Best on that kid to let a pro do it so you don't sand thru to the tounge and groove part of the floor.

• The Zaitleys

Hey, I agree with Kelli. We wanted to do it ourselves in our new home but am so glad we went with a pro. Its older flooring and it can be more fragile than the new stuff.

• John Biermacher

If the floor isn’t extremely worn or damage, I would consider refinishing, like you would a piece of furniture. Use all prescribed precautions with a chemical stripper.

• FloorWorks Floor Sanding Co

From all timber floors the parquet flooring is the one that requires not only complete set of floor sanding equipment, but solid experience as well. Parquet flooring usually has wood grain in different directions, which is a challenge who anyone with previous experience in refinishing of wooden surface would be familiar.

In addition, like any other floor restoration project, if the right equipment is not used - you can risk creating a mess in your property. which will be difficult to clean.

Modern dust-free floor sanders are expensive and are not available in the hire shops.

My best advice is to leave this to a professional, experienced and well-equipped for the job.

https://www.sanding.co.uk/floor-sanding/index.html