Flower Pot Scarecrow

$25
1 Day

In the past I made a flower pot Nutcracker. He was so much fun to make, I decided to try making a flower pot scarecrow for fall!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

flower pot scarecrow

I used 3 flower pots for this project.

The first flower pot I painted with Folk Art Home Decor Chalk paint. The larger portion would be the face and I used the color Sheepskin, and the rim I used Vintage Mustard. I set that aside to dry.

flower pot scarecrow

The second flower pot I flipped upside down and slipped over a child's shirt for the body.

flower pot scarecrow

I cut off the excess, and then used Mod Podge to adhere the shirt around the rim to the inside of the flower pot.

flower pot scarecrow

On the 3rd flower pot I painted Mod Podge onto it.

flower pot scarecrow

I then took a pair of old jeans, cut them and stuck them to the flower pot.

flower pot scarecrow

I then painted Mod Podge over the top of the jeans. I let this dry completely.

flower pot scarecrow

On the first flower pot (head) I hot glued on some raffia onto the rim, & hot glued two buttons on for eyes. I painted on a nose with Apple Barrel Outrageous Orange Multi-Surface Acrylic paint. I drew a mouth on with a black permanent marker.

flower pot scarecrow

I put silicone on the edge of the bottom flower pot, and I stuck the body together.

flower pot scarecrow

I then put silicone on the top of the shirt flower pot and placed the head onto that. I used a little hot glue and placed a little raffia where the shirt didn't quite come together on the flower pot.

flower pot scarecrow

I added a rope for a belt.

flower pot scarecrow

For the top, I'll start with mums for the season, and when it gets too cold and they die off I'll put my straw hat on him.

flower pot scarecrow

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Wanda

Did you use the pants leg instead of the waist of the jeans? And why not the top of them so the belt loops would be showing.

• Hi Wanda, yes I used the pant legs. My initial try was to use the front of the jeans and put the arms in his pockets and use the belt loops. What I found is that the jeans I had on hand were too small to fit all the way around. (I was using jeans that were too small for my kiddos) So I cut up the legs and put strips onto the base instead.

• Laurie Sturm

So cute!😁💕

• Sondra

So cute. Great job.