Flower Pot Scarecrow

$25

In the past I made a flower pot Nutcracker. He was so much fun to make, I decided to try making a flower pot scarecrow for fall!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

I used 3 flower pots for this project.

The first flower pot I painted with Folk Art Home Decor Chalk paint. The larger portion would be the face and I used the color Sheepskin, and the rim I used Vintage Mustard. I set that aside to dry.

The second flower pot I flipped upside down and slipped over a child's shirt for the body.

I cut off the excess, and then used Mod Podge to adhere the shirt around the rim to the inside of the flower pot.

On the 3rd flower pot I painted Mod Podge onto it.

I then took a pair of old jeans, cut them and stuck them to the flower pot.

I then painted Mod Podge over the top of the jeans. I let this dry completely.

On the first flower pot (head) I hot glued on some raffia onto the rim, & hot glued two buttons on for eyes. I painted on a nose with Apple Barrel Outrageous Orange Multi-Surface Acrylic paint. I drew a mouth on with a black permanent marker.

I put silicone on the edge of the bottom flower pot, and I stuck the body together.

I then put silicone on the top of the shirt flower pot and placed the head onto that. I used a little hot glue and placed a little raffia where the shirt didn't quite come together on the flower pot.

I added a rope for a belt.

For the top, I'll start with mums for the season, and when it gets too cold and they die off I'll put my straw hat on him.

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Renata
    Renata

Sooo cute, I'll more than likely make one ...oh, who am I kidding...it'll prolly b more like 3 or 4...lol. Anyway my question is about putting a flower pot in the top . If its glued together what will happen to the drainage water from the plant? I would hate to have that stinky stagnant water smell in my cute little scarecrow.

• Kim Marie
    Kim Marie

What size shirt did you use?

• Kack.haslag
    Kack.haslag

what size pots did you use?